About the Book
This is a collection of the 19 News Updates and five Climate Briefing prepared by the Third World Network for and during the United Nations Climate Change Conference which was held in Bali, Indonesia from 3-14 December 2007.
1. Divisive start
2. South criticizes North for not fulfilling climate commitments
3. Clash over technology
transfer almost derails
4. Highlights from the SBSTA Session
5. Talks start on whether to launch new climate negotiations
6. Debate on Russian Proposal and voluntary commitments of developing countries
7. G77-China’s proposal on review of climate change financing
8. Trade Ministers propose more intensive trade-climate engagement
9. North-South wrangling continues on Kyoto Protocol review
10. On eve of Climate Ministerial, divisions remain on major items
11. Collapse on technology
12. Bali Ministerial segment opens, but situation is critical
13. G77-China warns against erosion of UNFCCC, Kyoto Protocol
14. Major issues unresolved
15. Final talks at AWG held back by linkages to other issues?
17. Developing countries face pressure, threats at climate talks
19. Final hours of
drama that led to the
Climate Briefing for
1. Development issues crucial for post-2012 climate regime
3. Developed countries must fulfill commitments for 2008-2012
4. The IPCC Synthesis
Report and the
5. Unfulfilled commitments on technology and finance have to be met now
How to Order the Book
Visit our TWN Online Bookshop or contact Third World Network at 131 Jalan Macalister, 10400 Penang, Malaysia.
Email for further information.